Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Déjà vu in Dupont Circle

I had not been photographing in Dupont Circle, the way that I do, since Satruday, 11 November 2006. So when visiting Dupont Circle during Saturday's January Thaw my purpose was to get a few photos for the Dupont Circle 2007 Project. But, as often is the case, when I pass through Dupont Circle or visit bars in the area or travel across the nation I would experience "déjà vu" when someone that I've known for years asked me about drugs ... the way that he and many white men have always approached about drugs.

And since it has been my experience, that, when white men approach me about drugs they mean me irreparable harm ... the déjà vu that I experienced when the white man asked me about drugs was more like 'flashbacks' ... resulting from horrrific memories that what would occur just after a white man had approached me about drugs.

I thought to myself, "Man, PLEASE, we've danced this dance a billion and one times before!

My déjà vues in Dupont Circle are more like flashbacks ...!

Click photo to view Dupont Circle 2007, Two Men Project and Tattoos/Taboos 2007 photosets.

No comments: